Monday, June 7, 2010

Anniversaries & Departures

Exactly one year ago, Nick & I were en route to Colorado for our honeymoon. Having celebrated our one year anniversary last night, we are in a state of mid-departure for our first State Department tour to Nepal. Preparing to move ourselves and everything we own to the Rooftop of the World ensured that the final week of our first year together was the most stressful yet, but you know what they say - what doesn't kill you makes you glad you have cable. (Oh TBS, I think I'll miss you most of all.) But after spending 3 days systematically piling all of our worldly possessions in our living room & packing, unpacking, and re-packing suitcases to meet the most stringent of weight restrictions, we finally made it to our one and only rest stop: New York, New York. (It's a hell of a town.) While my husband of one full year is off doing diplomatic... things... I'll be hanging with my parents as they train in from CT. Saying goodbye to family & friends has been very difficult (I cried a few times, I won't lie), but we hope the distance makes some hearts grow fonder - at least, enough to come visit us in the land of the Yeti. (Not making any statements for Nick here, but as for me? I believe. Always have, always will.) So, while there are no crazy stories to report, our flight to Nepal by way of Europe & the Middle East may just yield something yet. In the meantime, all is well... especially because they just opened the continental breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment